Sunday, February 15, 2009

I hope you dance.

Photobucket
.
Woke up a little later than expected...
Uneasiness in my stomach, her first valentine's and i've got nothing.
Only the little surprise i had for her in the morning. So i took my time and got ready, no need to rush, i'd just forget stuff.
Picked up flowers and went over to her place.
Up the elevator, familiar dog barking everytime i step out the door.
Placed the enormous brown package around the stairs, inside containing a CD, photo frame with us in it.
Dashed some dried scented flower petals for fun.

I left her a message asking her to come over to the stairs while i rushed away like a kid to the floor below. "So stupid", i was thinking to myself.

Went down to our tree to wait, wait for her to open up the package, to find the CD; a photo montage (Which i put in a lot of effort in creating), that'll instruct her to come down to where i was.

On the way to the tree, i left flowers along the path, hung between railings, along the floor where i was standing. Its her first, i had to make an impression.

Waiting, 2 minutes, 5, 10. I messaged her, 'sms me when you're coming down'. Another message ' Got it?', for the package. Finally a reply, "Sorry my phone was in my room, i just got your package." WAH LAO I WAIT SO BLOODY LONG ALR YOU STILL #%*&@# nvm... so i continued stoning.

I was sitting underneath the burning sun when an Indian uncle came along, the leaf sweeper i suppose. Came over, looked at me all dressed up, looked at the flowers scattered all over the floor, gave me the "what the hell is this" face, -.- AHAHA I SWEAR BLOODY COMICAL, to me anyway, amidst the anticipation, it was something to smile at. I pointed up to her place, "waiting for my girlfriend." He smiled, and walked away, apologising.
I wondered if she'll think im stupid. I sat awhile longer, "coming now", finally, i stood up, tucked in my shirt, adjusted my collar, no mirror, shit. Didn't matter, i saw a head pop out afar, from the side, I smiled. She tread down the stairs, picking up the roses i placed so meticulously, walked slowly towards me. Teary eyed, hands over her mouth. I thought "Am i that unattractive? Oh well...".

She hugged me, i took the white rose out from behind my back, placed it in between us.

I choked.
choked...
choked...
muttered...
Will you be my Valentines?"
"...Yes..."

Photobucket

.

Photobucket

That was the hardest part of all, it doesn't seem like much but it felt like a lot of work to me. I guess it's because i don't usually go the extra mile for Vday.

So, since i didn't have a plan, we had to make things up as we go along, i tried to look like i knew what we were going to do next. I felt like such a big loser. So we booked a table in Brazil down at sixth avenue and i brought her to this secret place of mine, where you get the best view of Singapore.

This was my favourite part.

It's quite hard to get to, we walked all the way from raffles city, made her hike in her heels. Am very sorry love.. i hope the view was worth it. Stayed there for awhile, it wasn't sunny, kinda hazy, it added a little soft feel to the whole thing.

This was the view.

Photobucket

Flyer was right behind us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I had a lot of fun up there.
Stayed up there for quite awhile, proceeded to Brazil after that, ATE LIKE A MONSTER! I've always loved Brazil. Always... i've been going there since i was Primary 5. At one point almost weekly. Food is really good, even after all this time i'm still not bored of it.
Photobucket
After dinner we were both rather tired, the long walk and all killed my legs. So i sent her back instead of carrying out my fireworks, bomb bags and party poppers plan.
Oh well, i really wanted to play with the fireworks, i bought 6 packs =/
But its okay... i hope she enjoyed Valentine's day.
Anyway, that was it! It really wasn't much, i'm not like some rich kid who can bring her to an island of his own, fill her house magically with a thousand roses, booked the entire esplanade rooftop for the evening or even just placing her on a yatch. I know i'm not the best around but i try... I really hope i made your first Valentines a little something more than expected, maybe even close to special.
I love you.
.
HERE ARE SOME RANDOM PHOTOS.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Alright its a super long post i will stop now goodbye!
.
For a better version of this post and our vday, go to pickmeadaisy.blogspot.com.
She just writes better...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

basket so cute bro INDIAN MAN ALL HAHAHHA

Kit said...

i sat there laughing to/at myself. it felt so wrong =/ ahahaha

Anonymous said...

you two are very lucky to have each other.

(:

Anonymous said...

hi. can i know how do you get to the bridge area place where you said the view was really nice? cos it looks so awesome...

Anonymous said...

kit you're so nice. thanks. you can delete the comment already. =D

Kit said...

alright ;) you're nice too

Anonymous said...

how much do you spent eating at the restaurant? :)

Anonymous said...

how much do you spent eating at the restaurant? :)

Anonymous said...

how much do you spent eating at the restaurant? :)

Anonymous said...

how much do you spent eating at the restaurant? :)

Anonymous said...

how much do you spent eating at the restaurant? :)

Kit said...

About $140. They had a Valentine's promotion going on for $120 per couple. I order extra drinks. It was worth it =)

Anonymous said...

Ouh ok.

Anonymous said...

hahha omg it's quite funny reading the difference in thoughts going through yours & her head! the beginning part esp!!

loved the way your Vday was spent!

Kit said...

ahaha, i realised it too! thank you =)

Anonymous said...

sorry to backpost but i was just wondering how do i get to that bridge place? its kinda nice!

pls heeeeelp, thanks!

Kit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

alright! thank you so much! god bless=)

Kit said...

ahaha no problem take care you =)